Contact lenses are ideal solutions for correcting vision problems. With proper care, you can make your lenses last and prevent the risk of eye infections. Here are 13 lens care tips from your trusted eye doctor in Arlington, VA, at Shady Grove Eye and Vision Care:
1. Follow the lens care guidelines that we will give you.
2. Before you use your lenses, make sure you wash your hands with soap and water. You should then dry them using a lint-free towel.
3. Remove contact lenses when taking a bath or going swimming.
4. Do not use tap or sterile water to clean your lenses. Use the recommended solution that comes with your lenses. You should also stay away from saline solutions and rewetting drops as contact lens disinfectants.
5. Use the rub and rinse method for your contact lenses in Washington, DC: rub the lenses with your fingers and rinse them with the solution before soaking them.
6. Always keep your lenses clean and replace them at least every three months or as prescribed.
7. If you feel any discomfort or pain, contact your eye doctor immediately.
8. Do not transfer the solution into smaller containers because it can affect the sterility of the solution. This can result in eye infections.
9. Keep the solution bottle tightly closed. Do not let the tip of the bottle touch any surface.
10. Always use a fresh batch of solution when cleaning your lenses.
11. Cracked or damaged contact lenses should be replaced immediately.
12. Refrain from smoking, as it increases the rate of eye problems.
13. Decorative lenses can damage your eyes. Always trust options from your trusted eye doctor.
Proper contact lens cleaning and storage can help you avoid infections and damage to the lenses. You should also schedule a regular eye exam in Washington, DC, to make sure your lenses still have the right prescription. Let Shady Grove Eye and Vision Care take care of your eyes. We specialize in both bifocal and multifocal lenses as well as prescription glasses. We can even assist in dry eye treatment, laser eye surgery, and low vision correction.
For more contact lens care tips, schedule an appointment with us today. You can call us at (301) 859-4060 or fill out our contact form.