You can find many eyeglass styles on the market today, and choosing the best one can be difficult. The right one can bring out your best features and complement your personality. To help you make the right choice, here are eight tips from your trusted optometrist in Potomac, MD, Shady Grove Eye and Vision Care:
1. If you want to soften the angles of your square face, look for glasses with round or oval frames. They should also sit high on your nose bridge.
2. Cat eyeglasses work best for diamond-shaped faces because they highlight cheekbones.
3. To make your round face look slimmer and longer, opt for wide rectangular or square frames.
4. People with oval faces should stay away from frames that cover up more than half of their face.
5. Square eyeglasses with curved edges work best for people with heart-shaped faces because they draw attention away from the forehead. With this in mind, people with this face shape should not choose glasses with embellished tops.
6. If you like to play sports, ask your eye specialist in Alexandria, VA, for a second pair of eyeglasses. You can also get one made for everyday wear. If you are driving, you can also get glare-free glasses like those from Shady Grove Eye and Vision Care.
7. If you have a warm skin tone, avoid frames in pastel colors like yellow, blue, or red. Go for light colors instead, such as gold, olive green, beige, or brown.
8. For cool complexions, choose frames in silver, purple, blue, gray, or black colors.
With these tips, you can get the best eyeglasses for your face shape, skin tone, and lifestyle. If you are looking for a wide range of options, you can trust Shady Grove Eye and Vision Care. We carry the top brands on the market such as Ray-Ban®, Gucci®, Nike, and Coach. We even offer options from designers Michael Kors and Kate Spade.
We also offer alternatives to eyeglasses like contact lenses and laser eye surgery in Rockville, MD. We have comfortable multifocal contact lenses and even offer orthokeratology for vision correction without the glasses or contact lenses. We can also perform laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis that corrects astigmatism, presbyopia, myopia, and hyperopia.
For more eyewear tips, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at (301) 859-4060. You can also fill out our convenient contact form.